We are living in a world now overflowing with anxiety and perplexity. But Paul gives us some counsel that we can take and allow it to be a salve to our souls. He knew what it was to be surrounded by trouble, adversity, and turmoil. He knew what it was like to be in what seemed a hopeless situation. He found that when he put his cares and worries into the hands of the Lord- peace reigned. We can take his advice as our own, in our conditions also; and find peace and stability, in a world of chaos.
In nothing be anxious; but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.—Php_4:6.
1. Who was he who here said to the Church at Philippi, “In nothing be anxious”? A prisoner in a Roman prison; and when Rome fixed its claws it did not usually let go without drawing blood. He was expecting his trial, which would probably end in death. Everything in the future was absolutely dark and uncertain. It was this man, with all the pressure of personal sorrows weighing upon him, who, in the very crisis of his life, turned to his brethren in Philippi, who had far fewer causes of anxiety than he had, and cheerfully bade them, “In nothing be anxious; but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.” Had not that bird learned to sing when his cage was darkened?
We are like men that live in a narrow alley in some city, with great buildings on either side towering high about their heads, and only a strip of sky visible. If we see up in that strip a cloud, we complain and behave as if the whole heavens, right away round the three hundred and sixty degrees of the horizon, were black with tempest. But we see only a strip, and there is a great deal of blue in the sky; however, there may be a cloud in the patch that we see above our heads from the alley where we live. Everything, rightly understood, that God sends to men is a cause of thanksgiving; therefore,” in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.”1 [Note: A. Maclaren, Leaves from the Tree of Life, 284.]
2. This is a double precept or exhortation—it forbids us to indulge in a certain habit which is evil and pernicious, and then it enjoins upon us a certain other habit, which is not only good in itself, but is also the effectual cure of the former evil one.
1. The prevalence of anxiety.—There can be little doubt that we belong to an anxious and careworn generation. Never was the world so rich in material things, never did it possess so many mechanical appliances for lightening human tasks and toils. But as the world grows richer, it seems to grow more and more anxious. And while steam and electricity, and all that extraordinary development of machinery and locomotion and means of communication to which they have led, have multiplied our powers enormously, they seem also to have multiplied our cares. They increase the speed at which we have to move, the high pressure at which we have to live, the dangerous complexity of the social organism of which we form a part. It reminds one of the old tale of Frankenstein’s monster. Doctor Frankenstein, through his wonderful knowledge of chemistry and biology, was able to put together the figure of a monstrous man, and to galvanize it into life. And then this dreadful creature of which he was the author became the haunting terror of his own life, almost driving him mad by its tyranny, and at last tragically cutting short his days. And sometimes it almost appears as if the tremendous powers of nature which man has summoned to his aid, and infused into the great fabric of modern civilization which he has gradually built up, were threatening to become our masters and our tyrants, instead of our willing servants. Certain it is that life is not so plain and simple as it used to be. The burdens of existence and duty seem to grow heavier and heavier; and at the same time the men and women of to-day seem to be getting more nervous and highly strung than those of other generations, and less able to bear their burdens calmly and silently and patiently. Thus, on every hand, we are told that nervousness and worry are amongst the chief banes of modern life; and that it is worry, and not work, that wears out so many people before their time.
The things that never happen are often as much realities to us in their effects as those that are accomplished.1 [Note: Charles Dickens.]
The heart which boldly faces death
Upon the battle-field, and dares
Cannon and bayonet, faints beneath
The needle-points of frets and cares.
The stoutest spirits they dismay--
The tiny stings of every day.
And even saints of holy fame,
Whose souls by faith have overcome,
Who wore amid the cruel flame
The molten crown of martyrdom,
Bore not without complaint alway
The petty pains of every day.
Ah! more than martyr’s aureole,
And more than hero’s heart of fire,
We need the humble strength of soul
Which daily toils and ills require.
Sweet Patience, grant us, if you may,
An added grace for every day.
2. The folly of anxiety.—It accomplishes nothing and it weakens us and wears us out.
(1) It accomplishes nothing.—There would be some justification for anxiety were there any good in it, but there is not. Nothing is accomplished by it. The train does not arrive a single minute earlier because one goes to the station an hour before it is due; and the long waiting is only tenfold longer and more dreary if we fancy that our expected friend is surely sick or that some accident has occurred. If there is an encouraging word to be spoken, or a helpful deed to be done, let us speak or do; but to sit still, and paint pictures of disaster, and forecast ruin to friends and enterprises, does not help forward anything.
I have learned, as days have passed me,
Fretting never lifts the load;
And that worry, much or little,
Never smooths an irksome road;
For you know that somehow, always,
Doors are opened, ways are made;
When we work and live in patience
Under all the cross that’s laid.
He who waters meadow lilies
With the dew from out the sky,
He who feeds the flitting sparrows,
When in need for food they cry,
Never fails to help His children
In all things, both great and small;
For His ear is ever open
To our faintest far-off call.
(2) It weakens and wears one out.—Charles Kingsley well says: “Do to-day’s duty, fight to-day’s temptation, and do not weaken and distract yourself by looking forward to things which you cannot see, and could not understand if you saw them.” Under a habit of anxiety the body loses its vigour, the mind loses its tone, the will loses its force, and the heart loses its resiliency and sweetness. The innocent old farmer who wound up his alarm clock and fixed it to go off at six in the morning, and then sat up all night so as to be sure to hear it when it struck, but who was so exhausted by his tedious vigil that when the morning came he could not start on his projected journey, is a fair illustration of the mischief done to one by extreme anxiousness. Generals fight better; business men handle their business more successfully; teachers get more into and more out of their pupils; mothers conduct their households with greater ease and satisfaction, if they do not let any of their energies run to waste in anxiety.
Anxiety has no place in the life of one of God’s children. Christ’s serenity was one of the most unmistakable signs of His filial trust. He was tired and hungry and thirsty and in pain; but we cannot imagine Him anxious or fretful. His mind was kept in perfect peace because it was stayed on God. The life lived by the faith of the Son of God will find His word kept: “My peace I give unto you.”1 [Note: M. D. Babcock, Thoughts for Every-Day Living, 7.] (excerpts from Great Texts)
This weeks video links and articles to post on NightWatchman
Note: My apologies for the profanity in some of the videos-but the information is critical, and needs to be posted.
Bill 145 Legalizes If Passed Pedophilia! - https://www.brighteon.com/87ca58a1-9893-4029-9ca1-f58b7487578a
AlexJonesShow HR1: Australia Has Fallen to UN Control, Mass Arrests Beginning!- this shows more detailed info on the woman in Austrailia who was arrested for putting an anti-lockdown post on Facebook-these are cruel, ruthless animals-and their coming for us here soon- https://www.brighteon.com/82f3dabb-ed76-401e-a1af-cd4cc995c407
Pregnant Woman Arrested in Her Home Over Anti-Lockdown Facebook Post in Australia - https://www.brighteon.com/bcd9fc77-1894-473c-bd81-5dde370aa20e
RFB (8/27/2020): 'Military Openly Training To Imprison Americans' — This is the Video that YouTube Used to Take Down RichieFromBoston- https://www.brighteon.com/06c9fb91-870a-48f0-8a19-0ddba6a8e780
4 Artificial Intelligent Robots Killed 29 Scientists in 2017! - https://www.brighteon.com/23cc4c8f-c31b-4504-8510-89cb94ed2d91
Irrefutable proof Michelle Obama is Transgender - https://www.brighteon.com/5ce6493f-f42b-47b2-9fe1-9823e305d605
Churches Forced to Stay Closed as MTV VMAs Celebrate Satan - https://www.brighteon.com/577510af-efbc-4956-85fc-b8f153288177
ABORTED FETAL CELLS IN VACCINES - https://youtu.be/DVweWoG2GhI
"Settled Science–The Truth Behind COVID-19" • The Shepherd's Summit Week - A very important video- a minister interviews a scientist whose expertise is nano technology, who gives detailed information on what is in vaccines- and aborted baby's used in them; and in the covid vaccines, and the people being given false information by WHO. https://youtu.be/UtExYtldFHg
Need a reminder of what the Globalist Deep State thinks of us? - Obama back in 2009 made a very terrifying prediction of what the future is going to look like with the Power of the Deep State! https://www.brighteon.com/6e6ddf7b-7435-479a-950f-ef43f7652040
You are now living in a medical police state, even in America. - https://www.brighteon.com/143e09f1-09ce-41b5-bd0b-942088616198
1984 interview explaining the CoVid19 Takedown of America -Crisis - https://www.brighteon.com/1066e971-f7c4-4a71-b3cd-981af16c4b7a
Berlin 08/29: Urgent Message to President Trump & Fox News - Anyone against the Covid Tyranny is good for me,
I would never have believed this country would turn out to be this way- it's a disgrace.
Rand Paul just got chased by a crowd back to his hotel - https://www.brighteon.com/bb551f97-d7a4-4730-aa2d-164801b9e98f
Man and his wife leaving White House got mobbed - https://www.brighteon.com/cc661c31-6a9b-4dc1-9e72-b602f95b52c3
THIS IS A VERY IMPORTANT VIDEO-WORTH WATCHING-- 2 Trumps?! Time Travel! Hiden World! - https://www.brighteon.com/2aa30f01-b281-4280-9764-12411d9102e4
You may find useful information here;
Go to the resource page, you will find many
videos and links
A link to a pdf file of
The NightWatchman- which can be opened and read, and copied to read on your own computer/device.
No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their righteousness is of me,
saith the LORD.
And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto
The Victory of Our Faith
is born of God overcometh the world: and this is
the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.
Who is he that overcometh the world,
but he that believeth
that Jesus is the
Son of God?
But they that wait
upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
(For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;)
Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;
The Whole Armor
Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.
Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all,
Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;
And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;
Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.
And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:
Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;
Am I racist? Read the blog below from my other site-it will fully answer this question.
The Race Issue-posted 3/8/2019- https://www.twosparrowsministry.org/home/the-race-issue
The Prayer Room